For the guest
- Respect the culture and traditions of the indigenous community you visit. Learn about their history, customs, and beliefs before arriving.
- Purchase artifacts or souvenirs that are authentic to the community, thus supporting local producers and fair trade.
- If you want to take your own pictures, talk to community members to be consensual and not invade their privacy.
- Always ask before taking part in any cultural or religious activity.
- Respect the standards set by tour guides and community leaders.
- Treat all members of the community with respect and kindness.
- To make projects, donations, etc. is a great responsibility and generates expectations within the community members; it fulfills the offers and commitments made.
We hope these recommendations will help you to be a responsible and respectful tourist when you visit indigenous communities or buy native art. ¡ Enjoy your trip!
For the host
- The host is trained, learns, and respects the difference, culture, traditions, and way of life of visitors or guests.
- Make sure that visitors or guests are informed about cultural expectations and appropriate behavioral standards.
- It offers authentic and respectful two-way experiences that reflect the culture and traditions of your community.
- Make sure that visitors or guests receive a warm welcome and feel comfortable during their stay.
- Provides clean, safe, and comfortable accommodation for visitors or guests.
- Ensure that visitors or guests receive adequate and healthy food during their stay.
- Respect the privacy and personal space of visitors or guests.
- It fosters a long-term relationship with visitors or guests based on mutual trust, respect, and collaboration.
We hope these recommendations will help you be a responsible and respectful host when welcoming tourists to your indigenous community. ¡ Thank you for your commitment to sustainable and inclusive tourism!
For the Commercial Intermediary
- It works in collaboration with indigenous communities to design tourism experiences that are authentic and respectful of their culture and traditions (inclusion and sustainability).
- Ensure that community members receive fair compensation for their work and services (fair trade).
- It trains community members in business and digital skills to help them foster a more inclusive and diversified value chain (sustainability).
- It respects the vital priorities of host communities, such as the environment, community welfare and cultural preservation (sustainability).
- It sensitizes visitors to appropriate behaviors when visiting an indigenous community, including respect for their culture, traditions, and way of life (empathy and inclusion).
- Ensure that your business practices are sustainable and environmentally responsible (sustainability).
- It fosters a long-term relationship with indigenous communities based on mutual trust, respect, and collaboration (sustainability).
We hope these recommendations will help you be a responsible and respectful tour operator when working with indigenous communities. ¡ Thank you for your commitment to sustainable and inclusive tourism!
For NFT users
- Ensure that the NFTs you acquire have been created by artists from the indigenous community or people and that they have been fairly compensated for their work.
- Respect the culture and traditions of indigenous communities when acquiring and using NFTs (reciprocal exchange of goods and services).
- Use NFTs with the prior permission of artists or indigenous communities.
- We shall ensure that the funds generated by the sale of NFTs are used for projects proposed by indigenous communities (sustainable development).
- It raises awareness among other users of the importance of respect for ethnic diversity (culture, traditions, and way of life of indigenous communities).
- It fosters a long-term relationship with indigenous communities, based on mutual trust, solidarity, and collaboration (sustainability).
We hope these recommendations help you to be a responsible and respectful user when acquiring and using art NFTs and experiences that generate funds for sustainable development in native communities. ¡ Thank you for your commitment to sustainable and inclusive tourism!