Peru – “Agro-artisans of Chichubamba”
The visitors arrive at the Chichubamba community, and the community members welcome them and then proceed to give a presentation and distribute them to their respective workshops:
- Ceramics: Process and phases for the elaboration of traditional ceramics with Andean iconography.
- Chocolate: Artisanal preparation of chocolates, and tastings with mixes of peanuts, chestnuts, walnuts, among others.
- Apiculture: Process and phases in beekeeping and honey extraction.
- Preparation of chicha de jora*: Preparation of chicha de jora with the authentic recipe from Urubamba and the Sacred Valley.
*Chicha de jora: Fermented corn beverage
With prior coordination, it is also possible to experience other activities typical of the Chichubamba community, such as floriculture, flat textile production, among others.
Visitors should bring:
- Comfortable shoes
- Rain poncho (during rainy season)
- Altitude: 2,865 meters above sea level
- Visiting season: All year round
- Distance: Cusco – Urubamba (via Pisac): 76 km
Cusco – Urubamba (via Chinchero): 60 km
Urubamba – Chichubamba: 0.8 km