Peru – “Trekking Patabamba – Huchuy Qosqo – Lamay”
8:00 am Arrival of visitors to Patabamba and breakfast with fresh local products.
9:00 am Departure from Patabamba to the Huchuy Qosqo Archaeological Center. Along the route, visitors can appreciate the inter-Andean valleys typical of the zone, with magnificent viewpoints of the famous Sacred Valley of the Incas.
Then, visitors will pass through part of the Inca trail that is also part of the Q’apac Ñan. In the village of Pukamarca, at mid-morning visitors will rest and eat a traditional snack, a box lunch prepared by members of the Patabamba community. Then, visitors will continue with the hike until they reach the archaeological remains of Huchuy Qosqo, where they will appreciate the legacy built by the Incas. Next, visitors will descend until they reach the community of Huchuy Qosqo, appreciating the Andean flora and fauna of the area. Finally, they will arrive at the lower part of the Huchuy Qosqo community and then cross to Lamay Qosqo, where the difference between the communities can be seen.
Visitors should bring:
- Hiking shoes
- Warm clothing for the night and light clothing for the day
- Hiking stick
- Rain poncho (during rainy season)
- Family lodgings in rural houses – Includes overnight stay and breakfast
EXTRA INFORMATION ABOUT PATABAMBA:
- Lodging: 25 beds
- Altitude: 3,800 meters above sea level
- Cusco – Patabamba: 33km, 1 hour and 20 minutes by car (Affirmed highway deviation from Corao via Cusco – Pisac – Urubamba)
- Cusco – Lamay: 38km, 55 minutes by car (Cusco road – Pisac – Urubamba)
- April to November (dry season)
- Entrance to Huchuy Qosqo: Adult: S/22.00 Student: S/11.00